Monday, September 01, 2014

Calendar     Parcel Search   Documents   Tax Search   Forms

 Our website has moved follow the link to our new website:

Meade County Elections


How to register to vote:
You may print the application form (click here) then mail it, or you may register in person at the County Clerks office in the courthouse in Meade, or you may call the Meade County Clerk 620-873-8700 to request a form.

Mail the form to the Meade County Clerk, P.O. Box 278, Meade, KS 67864-0278.  You must according to law provide your name, residence address (not a P.O. Box, or commercial non-residential address), date of birth and a signature.

QUALIFICATIONS: You must be a citizen of the United States by birth or naturalization.  You must be 18 years of age or older on the date of the next election.

Frequently Asked Question:
Q: I just moved to Meade County from another county where I was registered.  Do I have to register all over again?
A: YES, we will notify the other county of your move once you register with Meade County.

Q: I haven't voted since 1998 November General Election.  Do I have to register again?
A: NO, as long as you continue to vote at least every two (2) years, you will remain on the books. You may, however, have your voter status changed from "active" to "inactive" when you fail to vote in a general election but that will not prevent you from voting in the next election.

Q: I have moved within Meade County.  Do I need to register again?
A: YES, however, you have the option of completing the change at the polls the day of election.

Q: I have just changed my name.  Do I need to register again?
A: YES, however, you have the option of completing the change at the polls the day of election.


Voting options:

You have several options to choose from, advance voting by mail, advance voting in person, or voting at your polling place on election day.

Any registed voter may receive an advance ballot by request.  You may complete the application form by clicking on the
Advance Voting Application Form or you may call the Meade County Clerk's Office 620-873-8700 to request an application form be mailed to you.  Be sure to include your name, address, date of birth, where to mail the advance ballot, and your signature before returning the application to the

Meade County Clerk's Office
P.O. Box 278
Meade, KS 67864-0278

Applications for an advance ballot must be received at the Meade County Clerk's Office before 5:00p.m. on the Friday prior to the election.  An application form can only be used for one election, unless you have applied for permanent advance voting status.

Early voting will be conducted in the Meade County Clerk's Office in the Meade County Courthouse, until 12:00 noon the day before election.  Any registered voter may vote early.

If you did not apply for an advance ballot or vote early, you may vote at your polling place on Election Day.

Meade County Polling Places:
: Library Meeting Room at the City Building
FOWLER: City Office
PLAINS: City Office


Click here for the

Vote Kansas Website