Register of Deeds
The Register of Deeds is an elected office. The office affects anyone who has owned or sold the property in the county. We have records that date back to the 1800s. These copies are preserved in the record room, an area of the office that is open to interested citizens, attorneys, title searchers, historians, and genealogists for their research, reference, and study. In addition to deeds, mortgages, and equity loans, documents dealing with property transactions including liens, foreclosures, and mortgage cancellations are also on file. The office also records honorable discharges for veterans.
Please remember Register of Deeds is a recorder, not researchers. This office will not be responsible for missed documents and information.
Register of Deeds Guidelines
- We will only accept the standardized Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filing forms ( National UCC Filing Form) All others will be rejected.
- Filing fees must accompany the document. Payment must be made by check or money order or cash.
- The document will be rejected if it cannot be properly indexed.
- The document must be original to record.
- Additional Fee of $17 if sufficient room is not provided for our recording stamp.
The information on this website is furnished by the Meade County Register of Deeds Office as a public service and must be accepted and used by the recipient with the understanding that the Meade County Register of Deeds Office makes no warranties, expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability of this data.
The official records of the Meade County Register of Deeds are maintained and located in the Meade County Kansas Government Offices. Furthermore, the Meade County Register of Deeds Office assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever associated with the use or misuse of this data. The Register of Deeds DOES NOT render legal advice. If you need help with forms, please contact an attorney or title company.
Kansas Register of Reeds Association
View the Kansas Register of Reeds Association.