- Programs & Services
- Women's Health
There are vaccines to prevent human papillomavirus (HPV), which is the main cause of cervical cancer. HPV vaccines offer the greatest health benefit to persons who receive all three doses before possible exposure to HPV through sexual activity. Routine HPV vaccination is recommended for girls starting at age 11 through 26 years of age. Boys should get the vaccine starting at age 11 through 21.
Breast & Cervical Cancer Screenings
Early Detection Works
This program pays for breast and cervical cancer screenings for Kansas Women who:
- Are 40 to 64 years of age.
- Do not have insurance.
- Qualify with their income.
Services provided by Early Detection Works (EDW):
- Annual clinical breast exams are performed by a nurse or Physician.
- Annual mammograms for women aged 50 to 64.
- Annual mammograms for women aged 40 to 49 who have a personal history of cancer. They have a mother, daughter, or sister with a history of cancer.
- Annual pelvic exams and pap tests for women aged 40 to 64.
For more information about the Early Detection Works program or to see if you qualify call 620-275-5302, and ask to speak to someone in the Early Detection works program.
Must meet eligibility guidelines.
If a client would like to obtain their contraceptives from the Meade County Health Department they must have their exam done yearly at the health department. Once a client has their exam, contraceptives can then be obtained at the Meade County Health Department. Pap. pelvic, breast exams and contraceptives are provided on a sliding scale, based on family size and income. Proof of income must be provided to be eligible for discounted services.
Contraceptive Services & Supplies
- Depo Provera Injection
- Reclipsen (Desogen, Emoquette)
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo
- Ortho Novum 777
- Xulane (Contraceptive Patch)
- Hormonal and Copper IUD
- Starting Pills (PDF) / Starting Pills - Spanish (PDF)
- Missed Pills (PDF) / Missed Pills - Spanish (PDF)
- Side Effects (PDF) / Side Effects - Spanish (PDF)
- Emergency contraception fact sheet
Other Women's Health Services
- Hemoglobin Check
- *Pregnancy Testing, Counseling, and referrals
- HIV/STD Testing
- Education for STD and HIV
- UTI Testing
*Can be based on a sliding-fee scale (must meet eligibility guidelines)
All Services are confidential